GitHub User? Install Codecov's GitHub App!
The best way to integrate with Codecov.io is to Install Codecov's GitHub App.
Once installed, you are done! You do not need to set a Team Bot because Codecov will use the integration to post statuses and comments.
Codecov Enterprise users: The GitHub app is intended solely for use with Codecov.io. Please follow this guide to setup a GitHub Enterprise app for Codecov Enterprise.
Codecov will use a single user's OAuth token to interact with your repositories, using GitHub/Bitbucket/GitLab API's. We call this the Codecov Bot.
Please follow these steps to select a Codecov Bot.
- Choose an existing user account, or create a new bot account.
- Login with this account into Codecov.
- Grant private repository access for GitHub users.
- Set the bot in the Team Yaml by navigating to
- Type in the new username in the yaml as seen below.
- Click Save.
- Run a CI and upload coverage to Codecov to confirm that the new setup works.
Yes. Codecov needs to get the bot's account OAuth token and link the user to your team. It is very important to give the bot private repository access for GitHub customers.
No. Only Codecov Administrators and GitHub/GitLab/Bitbucket Team Administrators can adjust the Team Yaml.
If you use the Github App connection for Codecov (which you can check here: https://github.com/marketplace/codecov) AND separately set a team bot (which you can see in your YAML file), Codecov may double post comments. Please reset your team bot to null or reach out to us at [email protected] asking for a team bot reset.
Updated 2 months ago